Let's not forget the extraordinary amount of money that Canonical provides
to develop Ubuntu, let alone distribute it.  If they need to take steps to
keep that development alive, then we as Ubuntu users (and some of us
members) should support that move.

Furthermore, if you're capable of downloading a CD image and burning it,
then why do you need a pressed CD?  It more or less defeats the purpose.

> I have been a beta tester for Ubuntu for six years.  I have generated
> almost 100 error reports.  I have manually copied and distributed over 300
> Ubuntu CD's.  I operate a Google Group dedicated to Ubuntu.  I teach Ubuntu
> for Beginners once a week and have for six years.  And yet I cannot
> establish a LoCo (although my group is in over 30 in number) and I don't
> qualify for Ubuntu Membership.

You don't qualify for membership? Sounds to me like you MORE than qualify,
and I would encourage you to apply.  If those are the least of your
qualifications I'll certainly support your bid to become a member.

Cheers,
David Overcash