On 06/11/12 08:45, Lucas Betschart wrote
AFAIK (according to Jono) that's not allowed. At least it wasn't for
us (Switzerland) when I asked. We've got the same problem (3
languages), just in a smaller size.

But the LoCo's you've listed aren't "Approved LoCo's", that's maybe
the reason why.

It is certainly discouraged, but people promoting Ubuntu in different ways and in different places is always a good thing. Part of the point of the LoCo structure is to be geographically grouped by country so that various free goodies can be sent out like the CDs. There is no reason why an India LoCo couldn't have pretty much independent groups within it for various regions and languages. You just need to show that you are organised and active as a team to get approved status. Yes, the USA is a bit of an exception with various states running as independent LoCos, however if you want an India LoCo that is approved and gets the free CDs then working as one team is the way forward. If you don't care about that, then carry on!

Alan.

--
The Open Learning Centre is rebranding, find out about our new name and look at http://libertus.co.uk