Thank you all for your response.

I did look through the documentation.  However, the impression I got from
the 'Using log4j2 with JUL' section was that log4j2 is used as a logging
framework (application uses JUL lib and with 'log4j-jul' bridge connects to
log4j2 logging framework) . In my case, it's an opposite requirement.

I did come across below though in FAQ section:

[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]

which makes me think that an application ( who are consumers of my lib,
which is based of log4j2 API ) will need log4j-to-slf4j-2.x.jar,
slf4j-api.jar,slf4j-jdk14.jar (jul binding for slf4j delegating all slf4j
calls to be  JUL )

On the other hand, if my lib were to be based of slf4j API, then the
applications (consumers of my lib ) will only need slf4j-jdk14.jar

My understanding is a library should be based on only an api jar and
nothing else and it's an application that'll provide the bindings. With the
log4j2 API, there are quite a few bindings that applications will need to
be aware of. Am I missing something?

Thanks. Regards