The log4j-jul module is what maps anyone coding to java.util.logging to use
Log4j 2 as the recommendation. The log4j-to-jul module is used when Log4j 2 is
the API and java.util.logging is the implementation.

Note that log4j-to-jul is fairly new. It was introduced by LOG4J2-3282 in Jira
in Jan 2022 as a user contribution, although it has had a few minor
modifications since then.

Ralph