I see with version 2.20 that plugin package scanning is now marked for
deprecation. This sounds great except for my use case of running a Tomcat web
application inside of Eclipse. Eclipse compiles the code itself and launches
Tomcat for ease of development. But this internal compiler has no clue about
the Log4j2Plugins.dat file. I'm just at a loss for how to get this thing to
work in this situation. We use maven to build our application but that doesn't
really apply here as Eclipse's internal compiler is doing its own thing, and
doesn't run all the plugins that one would place in the pom.xml.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do about this when the package
scanning is finally removed?
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this communication from
New Jersey Department of Agriculture is privileged and confidential and is
intended for the sole use of the persons or entities who are the addressees. If
you are not an intended recipient of this email, the dissemination,
distribution, copying or use of the information it contains is strictly
immediately contact the sender of this email message to arrange for the return
of this information.