Thanks for the responses! I won't worry about having to change my code /
environment setup now and will instead ignore the deprecation warning and wait
for the eventual 3.0 release.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2023 03:40 PM
To: Log4J Users List <log4j-user@logging.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Plugin package scanning deprecation

Note - the annotation processor will still be required in 3.0. Instead of
generating a Log4jplugins.dat file it generates a Java class file. That class
file is loaded via the ServliceLoader.

Also, Log4j 3 requires Java 11 and supports JPMS. With JPMS applications have
to specify the annotation processor(s) to run as they are not automatically
loaded from the module path. The annotation processor is also in its own jar in
Log4j 3.

Package scanning is just too slow to be acceptable at run time.

Ralph

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this communication from
New Jersey Department of Agriculture is privileged and confidential and is
intended for the sole use of the persons or entities who are the addressees. If
you are not an intended recipient of this email, the dissemination,
distribution, copying or use of the information it contains is strictly
immediately contact the sender of this email message to arrange for the return
of this information.