Hi Nishu,

On Tue, 16 May 2023 at 07:25, Nishu Gupta <nishugupta1...@outlook.com> wrote:
> Currently I am using log4j 1.x version. I am trying to migrate from 1.x to =
> 2.x using bridge jar.
>
> we are using below category in log4j1.xml
> <appender name=3D"app.businessEvent" class=3D"com.myproject.logging.JMSQueu=
> eAppender">
>
> (...)
>
> I am trying to convert into logj2.xml and we have custom class JMSQueueAppe=
> nder which extends AppenderSkeleton for logging the event.

Native Log4j 1.x appenders do work with Log4j 2.x if you:
 * use the `log4j-1.2-api` bridge,
 * use a Log4j 1.x configuration,
 * either set the system property `log4j.configuration` to the
location of the above mentioned configuration or set
`log4j1.compatibility` to `true`.

These can constitute a fast **transitional** solution. You won't have
access to all the configuration options of `log4j2.xml`, but you will
not need to rewrite your appender.

To fully migrate to Log4j 2.x you need:
 * either switch from your custom JMS appender to the one shipped with
`log4j-core`:
https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/appenders.html#JMSAppender
 * or rewrite your appender as a native Log4j 2.x Appender.

Piotr