From: Tasos Vogiatzoglou <tvog...@gmail.com>
To: log4net-dev@logging.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:13 AM
Subject: Is log4net in a cul-de-sac ?

Hello all,

It seems that there is very little activity on the log4net dev side.
Bugs remain unfixed, no release schedules, sparse activity on the
repository.

E.g. the official release has a long standing bug with IPv6 and having
an unofficial build (that is one that is not signed with apache key)
is not working for lots of people that use other libraries that have
dependencies on the strong named log4net assembly (.NET does not
permit assembly redirection among different public tokens).

If there is no plan, could we, somehow, help to make a release for
log4net having these fixes so we can benefit from an official log4net
release?

Regards
Tasos Vogiatzoglou