On Mon, 4 Nov 2013, David Christensen wrote:

> I was expecting logwarn() would always output the warning message to
> the terminal, and additionally output the warning message to the log
> destination if logging is enabled.  Apparently, not.

This was fixed in Log4perl 1.35:

     https://github.com/mschilli/log4perl/commit/7d7fbbb45254d6c903f5b3cb91d7

> I see that Log::Log4perl is now version 1.42 on CPAN.  I'm on Debian
> Stable (Wheezy), which has version 1.29.  I'd  rather not upgrade via
> 'cpan', as I've found that circumventing Apt and the Debian release
> process leads to problems.

I wouldn't do it in the main root to avoid stepping on the package
manager's files, but if you maintain your own local directory via
local::lib that should work just fine. Ideally, I wouldn't use the
system perl for applications in the first place, but install a separate
one via perlbrew et al.

> I don't see liblog-log4perl-perl on Debian Backports.

Later versions of Debian seem to have more up-to-date versions of
Log4perl:

     http://packages.debian.org/sid/liblog-log4perl-perl

--
-- Mike