James Campbell wrote:
> "If God created the universe, who created God?"

God didn't create the universe.  God is the universe.

That's about the only thing that all the religious texts can agree on -
that "God", or whatever name you chose for the concept, is omniprescient
and omnipotent.  This implies that God is everywhere and in everything and
there can be nothing that is "outside of God".

This neatly coincides with our definition of "Universe" - all energy and
matter.  So if the Universe is God (or at least the part of it that we
can experience in these 4 dimensions) then a proof that God exists is
simple - all you have to do is prove that the Universe exists.  For the
purpose of this experiment, reaching out and touching it should be enough
to convince you that it, and therefore God, is quite real.

Now that we have proved the undeniable existence of God (for my definition
of God), it is clear that each and every one of us, being part of the
Universe, is also part of God.  God is not something that exists elsewhere,
looking down on us, or sending bolts of lightning to Zot us.  God is right
here and right now.  I am God, you are God, we are all God.

Hello God.

So there's no need to invoke religion, spirituality, or the supernatural
to understand and appreciate what God is.  Just define the term to mean
something more familiar like "Universe".  It is every bit as magical,
mystical and awe-inspiring, but a lot easier to get your head around
(figurately speaking - not even God could get his head around the Universe).

Hmm... I think I may start a religion.  I hear there's money in it... :-)