Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 08:48 -0500, Jeff Burke wrote:
>> Subrata Modak wrote:

>>> Turing this on to Jeff and Sergei, who used these test cases a lot on
>>> their machines.
>> Subrata,
>>      Currently I don't have any patches. But I am still running the
>> ltp-full-20071231 release. I am primarily focusing on RHEL so we still
>> may have issues the selinux test and Fedora. At the current time we are
>> in a "lock down" mode for the release of RHEL5.2 so I can't change the
>> baseline tests that are being used.
>>
>>      One thing that I did discover is that with the release of SELinux that
>> is in 5.2 and they way the test is run we have to set a boolean for the
>> test to pass. If the boolean exists
>> /usr/sbin/setsebool allow_domain_fd_use=0 We may want to add that to the
>> README.
>
> Ok, that's due to a policy change by Dan in the base policy.
>
>>      Here is what I think still needs to be done. Currently there is no way
>> to put the system back into the state it was before the test ran. This
>> should be handled as part of the testcase. At this point in time we make
>> sure that this is the last test that gets run on that system.
>
> Not sure what you mean - the test_selinux.sh script removes the test
> policy module after running the tests.  Also, Serge submitted patches to
> automatically save, modify, and restore semanage.conf in test_selinux.sh
> so that it doesn't require manual modification.  test_selinux.sh could
> also handle the setting and restoring of that boolean, although it needs
> to gracefully proceed if that boolean happens to not exist in the
> particular system being tested.
Stephen,
        Not sure when Serge added that stuff to the test_selinux.sh. But I am
currently behind (ltp-full-20071231) in my baseline. So I may not have
those changes you have mentioned. I will compare it with what is
currently in CVS.

        If in fact they are the same, I will send out the information on what
problems I am seeing. I will also send along a patch for the boolean
change in test_selinux.sh

Thanks,
Jeff