That was the final idea, Jef. I found a dealer around here who could
deliver me one of these NUCs (without HDD but with 2GB RAM).

I just tried to get it working on the current server, but it is
somewhat... tricky. The server is old, software from Suse 12.1, i.e. 2012.

During boot it hangs. And when setting it to debug boot mode, it says it
doesn't know the NIC and I should use option-129 to define it in dhcpd.conf.

Do you think it's really this (and how is it named then?), or could
there be anything else which can be easily solved? Would be nice to be
able to have a quick look at it before I set up a new server.

Regards
Rolf