Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Rob Owens
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> What's the status of local apps on LTSP 5?  I read this page:
>
> It works on Fedora 9.
>
> 1)Delete the old client OS
>
>   First make sure to umount /proc in the chroot
>   chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
>   umount /proc
>   exit
>   rm -rf /opt/ltsp/i386/*
>
> 2)Install new client OS
>   ltsp-build-client
>
> 3)Install new software in chroot
>   chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
>   mount /proc
>   yum install firefox
>   exit
>
> 4) launch app as a local app
>    /usr/bin/ltsp-localapps  /usr/bin/firefox
>
> If network apps don't work then you may need to setup nat in your
> firewall
>
> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
>
> where eth0 is your external nic

Thanks Robert.  Great to hear it's working.  I found out that Debian
Lenny doesn't have this functionality, so I installed ltsp-server 5.1.28
from Debian Experimental which does have it.  Unfortunately running
"/usr/bin/ltsp-localapps myapplication" didn't seem to do anything.

Can anybody confirm local apps working in any version of Debian or
Ubuntu?  Those are the 2 distros I'd prefer to use, but I'll use Fedora
if I can't find any other way.

Is there a Debian-specific LTSP mailing list on which I should be asking
this question?  It seems to me that different distros implement LTSP 5
differently enough that a how-to from one doesn't necessarily apply to
the other distros.

-Rob

incomplete, or contain viruses.
version.