Doug Cutting wrote:

Kevin A. Burton wrote:

I *realize* that there are other ways to do this but we have some legacy code that can't be rewritten right now. Thus the change to protected and using a reloadable implementation.

Changing Lucene's API to be back-compatible with an altered version of Lucene is not a compelling argument for this change.

Oh... maybe I wasn't explaining myself correctly. I have my *own* version of an IndexSearcher in my own package that extends IndexSearcher. The protected is just so that I can extend it ;)

Anyway... its not a big deal if you -1 me...

I don't have a problem with those. They seem like fine additions. I probably don't have time to commit them today, but will try to get to it tomorrow if no one else does first.

Sweet! Thanks! Thats 99% there so I'm happy :)

Kevin

--

Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator). Visit http://rojo.com. Ask me for an invite! Also see irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.

If you're interested in RSS, Weblogs, Social Networking, etc... then you should work for Rojo! If you recommend someone and we hire them you'll get a free iPod!
AIM/YIM - sfburtonator, Web - http://peerfear.org/