Hi lute people -

 So I am thinking that on my "lutes for sale" web page I have
not seen many 6 course lutes go by, and I am wondering why..
It could be because there aren't so many 6 course lutes out
there, which is a bit surprising given all the music for a
6 course instrument, or it could be that people get a 6 course
lute and keep it, because they are all so nice and easy to play..
(I am thinking about this because I am toying with the
idea of getting a 6 course lute myself.)

 In fact (or actually, in supposition) it seems to me that
more people try to move theorbos thananything else.. and again,
this could be because the idea of playing a theorbo is
more attractive than the reality, or it could be because
there are more theorbo players out there doing the baroque music
gigs than I realise..

 I wil have to look at my records and see if the numbers are aligned
with my suppositions.  But I would also like to know if you
folk have more knowlege of the statistics of lute sales
than I do, new or used. Or perhaps better theories.

        Wayne