Dear David,

Thanks - that's a very perceptive comment which I have taken to heart, despite the fact that the majority opinion seems to be in favour of reverb. Perhaps we are so used to hearing commercial CDs with compression, added reverb, etc, that we expect everything to sound like that. The more I listen to the "uncontaminated" version, the more I think I prefer it, but it does suffer from the fact that the microphones are only .5m away and as you say, that affects one's style of playing.

I'm afraid I've just joined the club of which you are already a member (endless experimenters). By the way, Martin Eastwell is also a member of this club - I wonder what he thinks?

Best wishes,

Martin

LGS-Europe wrote:

Martin

I liked the ones without reverb, by far. The reverb sounds like you're in a big room but play behind a screen: all muffled and shy, not at all like the
room acoustics would invite you to play!

Just my two eurocents (which many shops already don't accept anymore,
anyway).

David

David van Ooijen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]