Von: Martin Shepherd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Freitag, 8. Februar 2008 23:54
An: Are Vidar Boye Hansen; Lute Net
Betreff: [LUTE] Re: piece of the month revived

Dear Are,

I'm not sure about the origins of the "Spanish Pavan" - I know there is
an article by Diana Poulton in the LSJ 1961 but have not had time to
look it up.  It seems almost like a ground bass, rather than a "tune",
but as with so many other pieces, it is hard to draw a line between the two.

I will delve some more into the archives....

Best wishes,

Martin