I'm to play the Heinichen concerto in D for flute, oboe, violins, cello, theorbo and bc (Seibel 226) next month. Anybody ever did this before and remember what instrument he/she used? It says tiorba in the autograph. The range is A1 till a'. C and C# are both needed, as are E and E-flat, F and F#, and G and G#. Looks more like gallichon than theorbo as we know it, I'd say?

Another calcedono sighting on my music stand this weekend, by the way, in the Telemann Kantate zum zweiten Osterfeiertag 'Herr! ich bin beide'. Just playing along with the continuo, no obligato part.

David