Chris , I think all guitar players would love to own these interesting
   instruments. I am researching surbahar and nyckelharpa also. These
   instruments are very expensive and hard to construct by hand. I know
   beginners mind , they want best wood , finish , neck shape and nothing
   else. But this will be change. I first filled my first composite patent
   15 years ago and there were intel 80 MHz at the market and no internet
   here. Printers were printing extremelly basic shaped and small , raw
   products.Everything is changing sometimes fast sometimes slowly. If you
   think , fender , gibson and rickenbacker is producing the same product
   for 60 years. They are creating new models but everyone buys 4001 , les
   paul etc.

   When thinking lutes , Bigger the instrument , more strings may be
   finished with polyurethane finish might go well.

   I think I have to collect plan drawings. This is what I will do this
   summer.

   Than a small ad at guitar player with a big padua theorbo at hand will
   sell it.

   Ovation is using very big molds and injection molding machines. They
   use dead technology and rapid prototyping will kill it. They use wood
   veneer fiberglass composite and sound is itchy.

   Best ,

   Mustafa Umut Sarac