On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 14:54 +0000, Martin Shepherd wrote:

Thanks Martin en daniel for the interesting reply!
My feeling is that playing technique <<could>> have been a reason. What
I understand from several players is that a double second on a baroque
lute doesn't work very well, although perhaps a lot of hard work as
Daniel mentions could help.

By the way, was the conversion of a 10c to 11c only the addition of a
bassrider or were there also changes made inside?

taco