I have heard many recordings of the guitar version with full orchestra, and I
havealso
performed the piece on guitar with full orchestra.  Guitars and lutes were not
designed for
this.  Even then I wanted a facsimile of the original, but was unable to locate
one.
  Now that I am dabbling in the lute world I would like to re-visit this piece.
Questions:
  1. Given the time period, would it be most historically accurate to perform
this on a baroque
lute in baroque tuning?  Or could one get by with an 8 course renaissance
instrument?
  2. Would Vivaldi have written standard notation that a lutenist would then
have entabulated
according to the instrument in their possession at the time?
  3. For correct volume and tonal balance, what would be the most appropriate
(and
historically correct) number of violins, etc.? String trio?  Two per desk?...
  4.  Would anyone have a digital version of the autograph that they would be
willing to share?
  I look forward to your collective wisdom ; )
Thanks,
  Tom

Tom Draughon
Heartistry Music