   From: Orphenica <wer...@orphenica.de>
   Cc: Lute Net <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Tuesday, 15 November 2011, 20:43
   Subject: [LUTE] Gut Strings
   Dear collective lute wisdom,
   is it true that the production of gut in Europe will be prohibited by
   European law?
   As stated on Aquila's web page the production of gut strings and import
   of raw materials will be prohibited:
   [1]http://www.aquilacorde.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article
   &id=190&Itemid=1471&lang=en
   I tried to contact the Italian ministry of Health, with no answer by
   now.
   I cannot believe that we pay bureaucratic douchebags that have nothing
   else to do than to make such decisions.
   What will be next? Warning lights on theorbos longer than 1,40m;
   mandatory rubber gloves for gut players?
   we