    From: Monica Hall <mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>
    Subject: [LUTE] Re: Gut strings
    To: "Francesco Tribioli" <tribi...@arcetri.astro.it>
    Cc: "Lutelist" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
    Date: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 9:39 AM

  > Kuerschner - from the catalog they say: "plain gut (polyester)" so I
  wonder
  > if those strings are gut or polyester.
  I was wondering about that too!   I last bought a set of Kuerchner
  strings
  for my baroque guitar from a dealer in the UK in May and they are gut
  as far
  as I can tell but perhaps I have been mislead.
  Their list of alternative methods of stringing the baroque guitar
  include
  two
  which are entirely their own invention - 2 bourdons on the 5th course
  but
  octave stringing on the 4th... and two treble strings on the 5th course
  and
  two bourdons on the 4th course.....
  Perhaps they are not as reliable as they seem...
  Monica