Hi,

> The Segovia film is nice in its own way, it was probably interesting for at
> least a part of the audience at the time it was recorded,
> sounds completely outdated and boring for most people today,

It's fine with me if you don't find it interesting. It's just a personal taste
(for many his playing is still very attractive - see comments under his
videos).  I've sent this link only to address some posts that suggested
Segovia's incompetence as a player.

> and may be rediscovered in the future for some reason we would never even
> think of.
> Is it somehow related to the lute?
> Bream played something thought to be a lute in his own time, so he may be
> discussed here?
> Had Segovia anything to do with the lute besides the repertoire? And if it is
> the repertoire, may we include Andre Rieu here? He also plays some of the
> most extended lute repertoire…

No, but I didn't start this thread. The subject says: " I just noticed we got
so far away from the [LUTE]-forum" No, but seriously, people were discussing
Segovia's attitude towards art and teaching (see below), so this is my reply to
that part of the thread.
Sorry if you find any problem in it.
And I'm not trying to defend Segovia (I'm wholeheartedly with Michael),  but
I'm rather trying to find a reasons (context) of Segovia's reactions. I've seen
this kind of attitude before, so probably this is why I'm not surprised so much.

Regards

Jaroslaw