From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf
Of Leonard Williams
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:47 PM
To: Lute List
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Question on String Tension

        Miles brings up a good point.  If the string is gimped, the metal
³core² will cause the string to behave more like a metal string: less
elastic than the gut covering it.  I use gimped fundamentals for 7 and 8 on
my 8-course, and I know just what you¹re going through.  The lower (heavier,
with silver core) string is the fussiest.  I find that I just have to do a
little back and forth with the tuning until it sounds good.

Leonard Williams