Theoretically at some higher pitch the level of elasticity against the pitch
would increase enough to give a sense that string responds slower to increasing
tension. However this would happen at some pitch making tension way too high.
If you try to bring the pitch down, it will only make this effect worse. I
could have presented a formula here, that shows the elasticity dropping sharply
with lowering the pitch in relation to material - diameter. But i will restrain
myself.

alexander r.