   From: G. C. <kalei...@gmail.com>
   To: Lutelist <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Saturday, 7 June 2014, 20:40
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: 15th century duo (left-handers playing
   right-handedly)
   Hi,
   An alternative that works for me is to grow a healthy thumb-nail. Then
   pinch
   thumb and index together, like as if holding a plectrum and use the
   nail as
   a plectrum. You can file down the nail to suit your preference of
   sound, as
   well as strike the course (string) from different angles, and
   optionally
   press the little finger against the soundboard. Or not.
   This method allows for very rapid up-and-down playing and is a more
   accurate
   alternative to "dedillo" IMO.
   It also uses the mechanics of the hand in a "plectrum" way with a more
   direct contact with the string.
   Of course it goes against all that is "lute" correctness! :) (I have
   mainly
   used it on single strings).
   Any other players who have tried this way out?
   G.