Yes I also usually use the Leipzig version with 13 tuned to G. Also,
   when I first started the lute I made a version in a minor but I really
   like the suite in g minor.
   Sterling

   From: Christopher Wilke <chriswi...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   To: "spiffys84...@cs.dartmouth.edu" <spiffys84...@cs.dartmouth.edu>;
   "chriswi...@cs.dartmouth.edu" <chriswi...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Cc: "lute@cs.dartmouth.edu" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Friday, February 13, 2015 8:08 PM
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: Bach, Prelude from BWV 995
     Sterling,
     Thanks. I used the Leipzig tablature as my primary source, with
     elements from the autograph and of course, things of my own informed
     fancy. There were a few 14 course lutes (German theorbos?) around but
     whoever transcribed it into tab (Falckenhagen?) did it for 13-course,
     sans low G. In order to get the low bass, the transcriber could have
     transposed it as Hoppy has done, and Bach did himself (this being a G
     minor version of the C minor BWV 1011), but he or she apparently
   didn't
     feel the need.
     I have recorded the entire suite, including doubles I wrote for some
   of
     the other movements - and there might be an improvised cadenza here
   or
     there. My sins against how we like to imagine the great master knows
   no
     bounds. :-)
     Chris
     [1]Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone