Mertz is a case in point. But having a 19th century guitar in hands
   (think Gibson LP neck) it's no wonder.
   16th century 6-course in hand with U-shaped neck, again, no wonder.
   Makes sense. Comfortable, even.
   David

   *******************************
   David van Ooijen
   [1]davidvanooi...@gmail.com
   [2]www.davidvanooijen.nl
   On 1 October 2015 at 22:43, G. C. <[3]kalei...@gmail.com> wrote:

        Hey Chris, that's really interesting. So the 19th century
     repertoire is
        replete with this technique? I'm surprized and feel there is much
        this matter, which hasn't been thoroughly analyzed yet.    :) G.
        On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 6:28 PM, Christopher Wilke