Dear Hubert,

I think there is some confusion here. The PUL number (poids par unité de
longueur) is given by Savarez for its overwound strings so as to be able to
calculate tensions and varies from one type of overwound string to another. It
is not an indication per se of light or heavy tensions but enables you to
determine a particular tension for a specific course.
Savarez used to supply a string calculator in the form of an Excel spreadsheet
but this is completely out of date and full of bugs. I tried phoning them this
morning but the technician won't be in until this afternoon. I shall ring back
then and keep you posted.
In the meantime why don't you use Paul Beier's calculator, that has densities
for Savarez strings?
What type of string do you wish to use for the 9th fundamental?
Best
Matthew