From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf
Of Sean Smith
Sent: 06 March 2017 16:41
To: lute list <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Earliest printed tablature with ornaments

Dear Denys, Rainer

I was thinking of the Libro Ottavo, too, but found the same pattern in
Intabulatura di Lauto del Divino FdM & del eccelente PPB da Milano � Libro
Secondo, Venice, 1546.

First instance in this book: First pavana, last system of 2nd page (m. 71),
the third cipher is one too many leading us to believe it is an appogiatura.
This sort of repitition occurs frequently in the dance settings in this
book.

I hope this helps.

Sean

On Mar 6, 2017, at 8:13 AM, Denys Stephens <denyssteph...@sky.com> wrote:

> Dear Rainer, I don't have my books to hand just now, but If I remember
> correctly I think there is some ornamentation in one or more of the
> Borrono prints - I will look it up later. Best wishes, Denys
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 6 Mar 2017, at 10:49, Rainer <rads.bera_g...@t-online.de> wrote:
>>
>> Dear lute netters,
>>
>> According to Wikipedia
>>
>> "According to Frederick Neumann,[2] Vallet may have been among the first
to introduce ornaments into lute tablature."