Agree with Lex. The G-major chord, including the b on course 3, should
   be held.
   David

   *******************************
   David van Ooijen
   [1]davidvanooi...@gmail.com
   [2]www.davidvanooijen.nl
   *******************************
   On 12 March 2017 at 11:37, Lex van Sante <[3]lvansa...@gmail.com>
   wrote:

     Hi Rainer,
     I think there is a fourth possibility.
     It is the B on the third course which is meant to be held for the
     remainder of the measure.
     Happy luting!
     Lex

   <[4]rads.bera_g...@t-online.de> het volgende geschreven:

   > In the first prelude of the first book of Le Secret des Muses there
   is a very strange hold line in bar 15

   > For those who do not have a digital facsimile, have a look at the
   links at

   > [5]http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~lsa/links/Digital-Facsimiles.html
   >
   > The line starts at a non-existing bass note.
   >
   > What does/could this mean?
   >
   > 1) It could mean that the G on course 6 of the first chord should
   sound throughout the whole measure.

   > 2) The G on the 4th course in of the first chord should sound
   throughout the whole measure.

   > 3) there is a note (an e on the 6th course?) missing in the 7th
   "chord".

   > Option 1) makes no sense, but sometimes (very few cases) there are
   lines in Vallet starting at an un-stopped string.

   > Option 2) makes musical sense. The engraver had a blackout :)
   >
   > Option 3 is the best explanation for the otherwise meaningless line,
   but adding a note here can hardly be justified.