Lute List,
   Thanks for all of your advice on the Lully and A440 . . . I knew there
   would be lots of opinions out there and sound practical advice.
   I'm leaning towards tuning the theorbo to G; I'm familiar with the
   tuning and think it should fit fairly well. I might also tune up to
   440, but I've had some bad experiences with that in the past--ripped a
   bridge off a baroque guitar using a mix of strings rather carelessly--I
   made up my mind not to ignore string tensions after that! I also think
   of Flatt and Scruggs, the old bluegrass band from the 1940s and '50s;
   they played everything up a half step on their instruments in the early
   years and then all of their instruments (banjo, guitar, fiddle,
   mandolin, bass) developed problems, usually neck warping. But I'd be OK
   with a little more tension on the theorbo; less so the guitar . . .
   G theorbo seems to match the pieces well anyway.
   Gary

   On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:04 AM, Ron Andrico <[1]praelu...@hotmail.com>