If you want to explore more Scottish lute music I recommend Balcarres. In the next LSA Quarterly I have an article that includes music from Balcarres. There will be more pieces in our new Figital Music Supplement, both in the original d-minor tuning and transcribed to 10-course vielle ton.
Nancy
    Of course Da Milano, but if you have ten courses under the fingers, try
    the Scottish lute music, Rowallan, Straloch... !

    V.

      > Message du 04/12/17 21:21
      > De : "Tristan von Neumann" <tristanvonneum...@gmx.de>
      > A : "lutelist Net" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
      > Copie à :
      > Objet : [LUTE] Rewarding Renaissance Lute repertoire
      >
      > Here's a poll for Renaissance Lutists -
      >
      > what do you consider most rewarding to play in terms of
      playability
      > combined with beauty?
      > So far, I love Francesco da Milano and most anonymous pieces from
      the
      > Siena Ms., they never get tiresome and lie gently on the hands.
      > Also Hans Neusiedler and Luis Milan.
      > Not in this category: Albert de Rippe. Amazing music, but
      honestly, did
      > this guy have six fingers on each hand??
      >
      > What are your favourites? Is there any obscure repertoire to
      discover?

Nancy Carlin
Administrator THE LUTE SOCIETY OF AMERICA
http://LuteSocietyofAmerica.org

PO Box 6499
Concord, CA 94524
USA