From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
Tristan von Neumann
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 7:36 AM
To: lutelist Net
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Rewarding Renaissance Lute repertoire

Great idea, I have never used the file!

It seems my poll has been misunderstood :) "Playability" meant "Playable
without years of study". That excludes Molinaro/Gostena (except No. 1), most
Dowland, and certainly most Bakfark :) Terzi is half half to me - some pieces
are surprisingly easy yet effective, but others like the canzona intabulations
are almost impossible to play, at least if you want all voices to sing.

I totally forgot Marco Dall'Aquila, which has at least a few pieces on the
easier side, and Capirola.

If we don't forget playability: I forgot to mention Thomas Robinson.

I only managed to play two Fantasies by Rippe, the others have crazy
fingerings. Does anyone have a trick how to play Rippe?
I found that most composers have special quirks in the fingering - once you
have found out how they work, they are much easier to play.