Dear Jürgen,

posting an article about the Illusory Truth Effect does not in anyway touch my findings, as the mere existence of such effect does enable you to apply it to everything you disagree with. If you disagree, you are welcome to discuss the claims on the subject itself, otherwise it is not helpful. It's like applying the phrase "Most conspiracy theories have no basis" to every claim that disagrees with reported events, regardless of the validity of the claim.

Anyway, if my findings were null and void, you could also throw many commonly done things into the bin: The search for "vocal models of fantasias" is the same thing. If a soggetto and subsequent similar harmonic structure with motifs from a chanson make the Fantasy based on that chanson are accepted, why do you deny any connection with Indian music?

From my point of view, the similarity of many ricercars and fantasies of the 16th century stem from the common Raga models used as the framework of a composition. The Siena Ms. is a model example of this similarity, and the book is even organized to display these similarities. The unclear concept of "mode" in the 16th century with the disagreement of cadence points etc. makes sense if mode is used as a concept like Raga. Different cadence points in the same scale are hallmarks of different Ragas. European theorists thought in terms of scale. This is also a problem in modern Indian musicology, because Bhatkhande organized the music in 10 scales that don't distinguish enough the properties of Ragas because up and down scales are often different. The difference between up and down scale is to my knowledge not recognized enough by European theorists either, hence the problematic concept of mode.

From a historical standpoint, I am waiting to be able to cite from Lisa Herrmann-Fertig's upcoming dissertation, as she already found what I was looking for - historical musical transfers and proof of early deep reception of Indian music.

So please Jurgen, if you already recognize that this is least fitting together, why not do something productive like play Fantasies in Indian tempo, or even to Ragas to see what it's like?
The whole idea is to find ways to play this music together live.

The York festival recently had a "Dhrupad - Renaissance" concert where Indian music and Renaissance Music were played side by side, though not simultaneously. It's only a matter of time until someone does live what I do in the mashups.
Said concert will be broadcast in September on BBC, I'll post the link then.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/16352971.review-york-early-music-festival-hathor-consort-dhrupad-fantasia-gloriana-and-akbar-the-great-national-centre-for-early-music/