There is a piece in Dd.2.11 entitled: "Catin" (by Orlando di Lasso!). Yesterday I saw one entitled "la pute". What are the odds that neither title would not refer to their modern meaning of "prostitute"? This also reminds me of the not so secret behind "green sleeves". Dutch paintings show many scenes of lute music with at least hints of seduction or prostitution. But it can also be easy to jump to conclusions. I thought Lasso was a rather serious composer...
Alain