Very nice music Konstantine, and well played.   Thank you for sharing
   this along with your observations.
   Best,
   ed

   On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 2:13 PM Konstantin Shchenikov
   <[1]konstantin.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

        I had experience with that music. I've recorded 1st and 2nd with
     organ,
        played it in concerts with harpsichord and another archlute. I
     also did
        some guitar solo and guitar duo arrangements of several sonatas
     for
        Anthony Hart and played some of them on XIX c. guitar.
        I read through more or less all 24 lute sonatas. Some of them are
     very
        interesting. In the average the music is of interesting
     transitional
        style and good quality. There are some signs of old style, like
     2-part
        form close to Scarlatti Sonatas or Bach-Sons pieces. The manner
     of
        working with material is mostly old-fashioned for 70s' when Haydn
     and
        Mozart were flourished, but the musical material itself sounds
     more
        close to those vienna classics with some interesting haromies of
     very
        'fresh' style linked to me with Mozart or even Schubert (f-minor
     sonata
        particulary, find the link below).
        After playing with harpsichord and archlute I came to conclusion,
     that
        texture is missing in this music. There is a lot of fast
     contrasts in
        material which must be supported with different types of texture
     in
        accompaniment: choral chords in 1st bar, arpeggios in the 2nd and
        counterpoint in 3rd...
        Using similar kind of melodies and harmonies Mozart wrote such a
        texture contrasts out carefully in his sonatas. Reggio uses
     outdated
        manner of spelling and leave musicians to improvise it. (So, the
     organ
        is not the best instrument for accompaniment here and my first
        recordings are not satisfying, I'm still thinking of re-recording
     this
        music with new ideas)
        There are lots of question for me regarding this music.
        The first is what instrument Reggio called lute? It's written in
     treble
        clef and in high tessitura. Should it sound octave lower, like
        classical guitar does? In this case some places occurs where
     lower note
        in the lute part are lower than bass part. May be it's some
     little
        instrument with high tunings? - So, this places with doubtful
     voice
        leading will be solved, but may be this doubtful voice leading is
     just
        composer's error?
        What kind of tuning is involved? May be different tunings? Some
     chords
        written out very comfortable for classical guitar tuning (but
     also for
        archlute in A), some are written way to low even for archlute in
     G.
        There is a sonatas in terrible keys for lute... That's all are
     very
        interesting and I highly recommend to play Reggio. He is worth of
     it.
        So here are my recordings:
        F-minor
        [1][2]https://youtu.be/efGYZtcx04Y