For the record Bartolotti's Libro primo de chitarra Spagnola is dated 1640. He
must have at least been in his twenties when it was printed - so born 1620 or
earlier.

He died before January 1682. In the record books of the Secrétariat de la
Maison du Roi (Louis XIV) there is an entry in January, 1682  recording that
the possessions of a certain Italian  “Miquelange” were assigned to one
“Launay, Garde de la Compagnie de Luxemburg, y servant depuis neuf ans”.

Assuming that this was Bartolotti, he must have died some time previously.
Under the French law known as the droit d’aubaine the possessions of foreigners
who died in France became the property of the King to dispose of as he saw fit.
  There are no references to Bartolotti  after that date.

Having said that his music and that of Losy and Gintler could have been copied
any time in the late 17th century or early 18th century. It does not have to
have been copied during their life times.

It seems to be assumed that any reference to the name Angelo Michel in all its
different permutations refers to Bartolotti but it was a very common name so
open to question...

We are still no nearer to knowing whether the other pieces in the manuscript
are by our man. I assume that none of them are concordant with those in the
Goess ms.

Cheers
MOnica