Fajar,

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas.

 PPA/Daily is a bit to cutting edge for my needs right now and I was just not
in the mood to compile from raw source.

-Kevin

For anyone else who might come upon this email at a latter date I did find 2
other ways to solve this problem.

This easiest way I found to get at the most current version of LXC that appears
to be in lock step with my current kernel version was.

sudo apt-get install -t precise-backports lxc

I also found out you can also install from the ppa/ stable repo by doing

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-lxc/stable

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install lxc

The ppa/stable version I found still was a bit older than the back port version
but darn close.

I rebooted the server.

And to verify the current running version call:

dpkg -l | grep lxc

uname -r