> The simple way to convert MS Word to LyX is to export the Word file as
> txt, then use your favorite text editor (eg vi) to remove all of the
> special characters. Import this file to LyX in the document class of
> your choice. Then just go through the paragraphs and set the correct
> paragraph type. e.g. Title, Section, Standard...

Guess what I did for the 288 page Proceedings of our Budapest Workshop last
year? I'm getting loads of comments how good looking it is... but it was quite
a job.

I have put a fresh version of the press release on the following URL:

http://www.netby.net/Oest/Europa-Alle/vermeer/LyX-PR.txt

A number of changes due to several good remarks from different people. Thanks
a lot!

Please have a look. I am leaving for the weekend now, so Cc: any remarks of an
urgent nature to my home address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Martin