Darren Freeman wrote:
On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 21:50 -0500, Bo Peng wrote:
I was sitting there, in bewilderment, because my overview of all the
pages on the left was missing! I tried, oh how I tried. Couldn't be
anything I did since five minutes ago, could it? Hmm. Wasn't using
evince before!
I had the same experience! My beamer slide suddenly does not display
in full screen and is cramped to a corner. It took me quite a while to
realize that kpdf is called instead of acroread.

What is the motivation for this order change?
That particular one would be free-software vs proprietary.
Yes, that was the motivation---similar to JMarc's comment that kpdf should precede evince on the ground that LyX itself is a Qt application. And of course (a) individual users can change the setting and (b) users who are installing for the first time won't be so surprised.
But how many people would have just a proprietary viewer I wonder..
Windows users, for one group, will often have only Acrobat, won't they? And again, this can be changed by the user.
Acroread basically won't be used any more.
As well it shouldn't. ;-)

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto