LyX 1.5.2 is coming into sight. We have fixed numerous bugs so far, and since
this includes many crashes, I don't want to hold back 1.5.2 very much longer.

There are still bugs that should be fixed IMO, but if there is no action on
those, I'm gonna prepare the release nevertheless (however, there will be a
final status update next week where I'm gonna announce a freeze).

Please focus on the high priority bugs exclusively, all other bugs will be
postponed, unless there are already patches ready that have been approved
(see below).

Uwe and Michael: Now is probably the right moment to let the documentation
and translation people know that we are approaching a release.

*** High priority, unresolved issues ***

4220   cri   crash when cursor position in session file becomes invalid

Bo forwarded the responsibility to Jean-Marc. Jean-Marc, is there
something you can do about this?

4037   maj   gbrief with tables cannot be processed
a.k.a.
2178   maj   create empty layout in all text classes

Still no volunteer? Jean-Marc, I thought you had some ideas about this.

2829   maj   LyX unusable after unsuccessful configuration

The discussion of the implementation details kind of died, but there
seems to be no consensus yet. So, what shall we do?

*** Already approved, still to be committed ***

4182   maj   Caption in listings inset produce invalid latex code

See patch I just sent to the list.

4055   nor   LyX problems when selecting text and inserting math symbol

patch from Stefan available, already approved to go in.
However, Stefan doesn't respond.

4078   enh   Suggested changes for AMS layouts
4223   nor   wrong entry in amsmaths.inc

Reworked AMS layout files from Paul Rubin available, some final polishing
is still necessary. Will go in if it's finished, postponed, if not.

2445   nor   Do not decrease environment depth when parent is not enum...

patch from Jean-Marc available. Can go in.

4233   min   GUI bug in box dialog

patch from Uwe. Can go in (not the one for 3242, though).

*** Critical issues that will be postponed ***

3974   cri   crash with user defined external templates

This will be fixed by a patch from Bernhard (that actually introduces an
enhancement). However, some details still need discussing, and the crash
only occurs in very rare cases.

3561   cri   crash when changing document encoding

This one seems hard to catch. We'll have to postpone it (again).

4045   nor   Slow speed of lyx while editing

very annoying to some users. A fix would be appreciated but isn't in sight.

Jürgen