> See LyXRC.cpp:

Thanks for the hint. It took me some time to figure out where this might be useful. This what I found out, is this correct?:

Auto begin
When this option is set, the documents starts with the chosen document language. When this option is not set, the Command start is explicitly set to the beginning of the document in the LaTeX-output. This assures that the correct language is used, no matter what the babel language option sort order is. This is useful when you have modified the language settings of your document outside of LyX

Auto end
Counterpart to Auto begin, when it is not set, the Command end is set to the
end of the document.

thanks and regards
Uwe