Jürgen Spitzmüller schrieb:

This assures that the correct language is used, no matter what the babel
language option sort order is.

Don't know. Are there different sort orders?

Hmm that is what I was not sure. After testing this further I found out:
No matter if the auto begin option is set or not, the chosen language is always the first given language option for babel (this is the document language).
So:
Probably it's also necessary with other language packages than babel (?).

Yes, this is the only useful usage for this option. So what about this:

"This assures that the correct language is used, when you use another Command start
than the default."

regards Uwe