Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 02:47:44PM -0400, Richard Heck wrote:
So the question is: Are the added memory requirements here objectionable?
How much would that be?
I don't know C++ internals enough to be sure how much we're talking per inset. We're looking at, on average, a string and a half, maybe 8-10 characters, and an int, per inset, plus whatever overhead a struct and class involve. That said, InsetCommand's aren't all that common. It's not like we're dealing with math. So maybe it's trivial, in the end.

rh

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto