On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, John Levon wrote:

> > same here !
> >
> > I literally have great trouble programming without vi. I find it very
> > painful. But writing a report in LyX is no real problem.
> >
> > But at the same time abiword actually has vi bindings. But I don't think
> > there's much point in having them in LyX (and as Amir points out, the
> > "insert/command mode" thing would have to be implemented.
> >
> > But I have a strange feeling this discussion has gone on before somewhere
> > ... ;)
> >
> > john
>
> And since it's Friday, I have the attached small gif file which makes my
> point very well I think ;)

I finally decided to take a look at your picture.  I see the typical
troublemaker VI user trying to establish some level of prowess by
resorting to physical violence to attract a mate¹.  This is also supported
by the fact that the vi team has always beaten the emacs team in skirmish
(at LinuxConf etc.).

¹ The emacs guy ends up with the girl by the way because she realizes that
  VI-Man is just a thug.  You can see from her statement that she
  always suspected him.  Her defensive pose is also a give-away that she
  now fears for her own safety.

Allan. (ARRae)