On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, hawk wrote:

> Lars leered,

> > | Too long.
>
> > Say that to thousends of emacs users.
>
> vile heretics, all :)

C-c C-m   Two keystrokes        (4 keys)
C-c m     again two keystrokes  (3 keys)

How often would you do this?  Not as often as saving I would expect which
is:

C-x C-s   Two keystrokes        (3 keys)  one hand (adjacent keys)

vs that abomination vi (and it really is Friday as I write this not late
Thursday afternoon as your emails datestamp indicated for you!! Hummphf)

S-: w Enter  Three keystrokes   (4 keys) two hands (all over the place)

> more seriously, the insanely long keystrokes are a major reason that I
> tend to vi rather than emacs.  *everything* should be mapped to quick
> sequences.

I agree with all but the order of the words "vi" and "emacs" in the above
quote.     If vi is so popular why isn't there a vi binding for LyX?

> It's friday; that means I can call emacs users vile heretics, can't I?
>
> > It is only in your mind.

Lars, was ahead of you when he wrote this.  See emacs users are even
pre-emptive!  If you want to claim it's Friday change your email date
stamp before sending on a Thursday!

> It's my fingers.  More keystrokes leads to less typed output.
>
> hawk, who still needs to file bug reports on mkdir and rmdir, as any
> commands that important should only be two letters . . .

Two keystrokes, two hands?

VI?  Viral Infection?

Allan. (ARRae)