> This was not the full truth. There was one major problem: InstantPreview is
> unusable because all preview images had the size of an A4 paper. This made
> LyX documents unreadable.
> I had this problem since weeks and now finally found the reason:
> Since MiKTeX 2.8 the zhmetrics metrics package is needed to be able to use
> dvipng, otherwise the PNG generation fails and a PDF file is used instead.
> The fix is simple:
> http://www.lyx.org/trac/changeset/34437
> This will automatically install zhmetrics when installing/updating LyX.
>
> I decided to include this change in my LyX 1.6.6 installer to provide a
> usable InstantPreview. OK with you?

Yes, it is OK as an ad hoc solution for the 1.6.6 installer. However,
we should probably investigate a bit more whether there is a more
appropriate solution is available (for 1.6.7 and trunk).

Jürgen

PS. please post to the list (not to PM) if you have the installer
ready. I'm currently off my PM account.