On 2010-08-31, Julien Rioux wrote:
> On 31/08/2010 3:35 PM, Guenter Milde wrote:
>> On 2010-08-30, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

>>> Using the OutputFormat tag defined for use with sweave, one can have a
>>> module that changes the format (and thus add an extra convert step).
>> Could this be used to allow LilyPond source code in LyX that is
>> converted to musical scores by the 'lilypond-book' pre-processor?

> Yes, I have already submitted a patch to this list to implement it.

Once again, there is a thread on the user list requesting this feature,
so I hope it can go e.g. to the Wiki.

> Since then I have worked on the patch a little bit. It works well except
> for one or two things. As mentioned in a previous message in this tread,
> instant preview always treats the current buffer as LaTeX, so any
> attempt to change the OutputFormat to allow preprocessing by
> lilypond-book is ignored by the preview mechanism. My current fix to get
> Instant preview working is kind of a hack, so I haven't posted a updated
> patch yet.

For me, it would be OK to typeset the LilyPond code verbatim in the
instant preview with a macro redefinition in the preamble that gets
removed/replaced by the pre-processor. I agree this is not WYSIWYG but an
instant fallback solution.

Günter